Kari Veastad’s aesthetic experimentation focuses on abstract expressionism with the intent to express ideas concerning nature, spiritual experiences, and the complexities of the human psyche. Veastad’s style straddles between representation and exploring color fields with gestural lines.
Blurred objects blend into the background while serving as a contrasting highlight to focus on a face or object on the canvas.
Her work’s core mission is to exhibit art that encourages ideas to shape and mold future plans into something better, more efficient, and useful for the world.
Because she leaves interpretation to the observer, what each acrylic painting awakens in your heart and mind is possibly a reflective perspective of the self. She doesn’t put much restrictiveness in her work; her whims dictate every stroke of paint. Veastad creates visual plays that take hold of the observer in a colorful visual embrace. Intention behind the lines, shapes, and texture is intentional. Her heritage is displayed in many pieces, blending both cultures that she heralds from.
Kari Veastad Words
“My daily work is in the oil industry, with systems and numbers that have been my career way.
About fifteen years ago, I started to explore the inner life in different ways and became aware of so much I knew nothing about, and that has led me to a transformation in my mindset. As a pilgrim who is continually moving forward, I experience a marvelous and exciting way of life. On this journey, I have received different therapeutic and coaching educations, which lead me to develop a passion for the exciting interaction between body, soul, and spirit in mine and all human lives.
Creativity has always been a part of my life and given me a lot of energy. I also love hiking and being out in nature and seeing the creation with a different language and colors for each season.
Ten years ago, I started learning oil painting, which I enjoy a lot, and times flow away, but something was missing until I discovered to paint intuitively. To play with colors in the intuitive universe has given me a color pleasure journey as it has evolved into an exciting in intuitive creator joy where I play with colors until I discover something that will emerge in the canvas.
My inspiration is beauty, movement, and interaction between body, soul, and spirit. My artworks often end up in different directions between inner and outer landscapes, the mystery of life, affiliation to something bigger, or our feelings as is close and simple to all of us.
I love to see a blank canvas and going on a journey to discover what the finished artwork is each time. It always surprises me what the new images tell me during the process. Painting is still a learning process in my inner world, and it reminds me of the wholeness and how everything in life is connected.
Meditation, gratitude, and reflection often lead to new movements in my inner landscape.
Like Edvard Hooper says: ‘If I could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint’.
I am very grateful to the intuitive artists who have taught me and gave me the faith to open up to my unique intuitive arts journey in my universe.
In May 2019, I applied for ATIM TOP60Masters, and then a new exciting journey started. I was challenged to have my first exhibition and discovered how joyful it was to create art when I have something to look forward to. I feel profound gratitude for each award and recognition received.
Through my processes, I have become better at listening to my inner voice, and my new mindset often appears in the pictures for my reflection and reminders.
My hope and desire with art are to expand boundaries, open up for reflections and expand horizons, see the world from other angles and remind someone of the vast universe we live in and all the love given to us both in inner and outer landscape. Some of my works are only for relaxing, joy, inner peace, or to bring awareness of all the love and light we don’t see but as surrounds us all the time.
That’s why I make giclee to get even more people to have one or two reflections or reminder art in their home to remind them of the beautiful world we live in when we open up and see more than beyond own thought limitations. We all see everything in our unique way, and we are where we need to be until we discover something new.
As the world’s greatest healer once said, ‘HE WHO SEEKS, HE FINDS,’ I wish art can be a healing force for all of us.”
Started with oil painting in 2009 and intuitive painting in Acrylic on canvas experience from 2014.
“Rossocinabro”, Rome, ITALY
“Monat Gallery”, Madrid, SPAIN
“Colorida Galleria De Arte”, Lisbon, PORTUGAL
The International Prize “Leonardo Da Vinci”, by Salvatore Russo and Francesco Russo (2022/IT)
The International Prize “Art Olympic prize”, by Salvatore Russo and Francesco Russo (2021/IT)
Art Tour International Magazine – NewYork. Artya Emerald Awards (2021/US)
Art Tour International Magazine – NewYork. Collector’s choice Award (2021/US)
The Best Modern and Contemporary Artist 2021 by Salvatore and Francesco Russo (2021/IT)
The International Prize “Ambassador of Art 2021″, by Salvatore and Francesco Russo (2021/IT)
- International award David Michelangelo, Rosso, Italy.
- Art Tour International Magazine – New York; Top60Masters 2020 – Ceremony and exhibition moved to Firenze 2021.
- International Prize “Raffaello & Canova”, Awarded, Venice, Italy. December 2020.
- International Prize “New York City”, New York, October 2020.
- International Prize “Artist of the Year 2020”, Palermo, Italy. July 2020.
- Art Tour International Magazine – NewYork. Artya Award (Artivist of the Year Award 2019).
- “50 Artists to Invest in – Guide to investing art 2021”, Curated by Salvatore and Fancesco Russo, IT 21.
- «Artisti 21» ART BOOK, IT (ART NOW/Mondadori store/International curator Russo/(most Italian artists) 21.
- ART Universal_the great encyclopedia, Curated by Francesco and Salvatore Russo, EffetoArte, Italy 21.
Selected artists and Curated by Salvatore Russo & Francesco Saverio Russo;
- Art Universal – The Great Encyclopedia of International Art.
- The Great Masters of Contemporary Art.
Art Tour International Magazine – New York:
- ATIM Top60Masters 2020
- “Art as a Healing Force” – summer 2020
ART International Contemporary Magazine – ARTNOW/Salvatore Russo:
- “Artist of the Year” 2020.
- “The Stars of Contemporary Art” New York city award.
Art Tour International Magazine – New York:
- Artists for a Green Planet.
- “Artisti 21” exhibition in Palermo, January 2022
- “Sacrifice” M.A.D.S videoexhibition, Milano and Fuentaventure, dec 2021
- “Hysterica” M.A.D.S videoexhibition, Milano and Fuentaventure, nov 2021
- “Signalati”, Exhibition, Budapest, 23 – 30 November
- “International Studio of Art and Galleries”, Expo 2020 in Dubai, 11 – 17.11 2021
- “MONAT” Gallery, International Group Exhibition MADRID (SPAIN), 2021/2022
- International Group Exhibitions 2021 “ROSSOCINABRO Gallery”, ROME (ITALY), Oct – Dec 21
- “New York City” Award, video participation at the White Space Chelsea Gallery, New York, NY), 1 – 5 September 2021
- “1st International Biennial of Art in the World”, Video exhibition in Effetto Arte Gallery in Palermo, Sep 21
- ArtTourInternationalMagazine in NewYork; Top60Masters 2020 – moved to Firenze 2021.
- International Contemporary Art Cannes Biennale, Cannes, France, during the Cannes Filmfestival in May 2021.
- Video Exhibition of artwork for “New York City” Award participation at the White Space Chelsea Gallery (555 W 25th St, New York, NY), moved to March 10 – 13.
- Art exhibition «I Segnalati» in “Scuola Grande di San Teodoro” of Venice, Italy, December 12 – 18.
- Video Exhibition «MATER «Reconditis Oedipus»» International Contemporary Exhibition, M.A.D.S Milano, Italy/ the digital art gallery). November 13 -27.
- “Art of Remediation” at Yukyung Art Museum in Geoje, South Korea, November 1 – 30.
- (A cultural institution is part of Haegeumgang Museum created to establish a link between the Korean tradition and contemporary art and culture).
- International Biennial of the Norman, Moneral/Palermo, Italy. September 12 – 18.
- “Artist of the Year 2020” awarded artists’ works will be screened at the Sciortino Museum in Monreale. September 12 – 18.
- Group Exhibition: Petrikjelleren in Stavanger, Norway, November 21 – 23.
- Venice International Art Fair, Venice, Itsliquid Italy 16.12.21 – 10.01 2022.
- Bruxelles Art Fair 2021, Bruxelles EXPO from 26 – 28.11.2021.
- Spectrum Miami art fair, Miami Art Week, from 1 – 5 .12.2021.
- The ART Innsbruck, International Contemporary art fair from 28 – 31.10.2021.